Friday, February 22, 2019

Guru Tude


Loretta & I have two cats that she insisted on living with us, once we got married & moved in together. My family had pets growing up, but not cats, so it took a little getting used to. However, I like them and they both have very distinct personalities.

"Tude" is the more shy of the two, and spent the first couple months hiding under our bed and in the walk-in closet. Although still wary of company, he is the more vocal of the two cats now, especially when he wants food. He is also the cuddle bug, and snuggles right up next to Loretta or I in bed at night.

We have come to discover that Tude is attracted to chanting... Whenever Loretta sits in our pillow area and does her Kundalini yoga "tuning in" mantra, he will come toward her & start chirping. Last night, I was sitting in the pillow room reading, and tried to get Tude to come over. The stubborn cat that he is, he just walked away. So, I started doing deep "Om" chants and he immediately came over and started vocalizing excitedly. Then, he sat down right next to me and stared intensely as I continued to chant.

Here's the pic I took when he came to sit next to me:

 

We now jokingly call him "Guru Tude" and I said maybe he was a monk in a past life. He looks like a wise old guru, with a white beard and penetrating eyes. I guess he is now the Conscious Living for YOU mascot!

Here he is sitting majestically like a Turkish sultan in our pillow area:


-Paul Micarelli

No comments:

Post a Comment